Celebrate Agriculture Week with Local Food October 1-7
|Ontario Travel to Farm Fresh Markets|
- Look for the Foodland Ontario label on fresh and processed foods.
- Shop at one of the more than 200 farmers' markets in Ontario. See markets north of Toronto GTA
- Local fare is available at dining establishments across Ontario, so you can make local food part of every meal.Pick a Thanksgiving getaway package or enjoy a meal out with Thanksgiving Fare this weekend.
- Choose Ontario wines and Ontario beer to complement your next meal.
- Brighten up your table with Ontario potted plants and fresh cut flowers.
Ontario Grows Good Things
- Agriculture Week runs Oct. 1 to 7, 2012.
- Since 2003, the Ontario government has invested more than $100 million to support local, fresh Ontario food initiatives and to encourage local organizations and businesses to promote and carry Ontario food products.
- Agri-food is a major contributor to Ontario’s gross domestic product (GDP).
- Ontario farmers produce more than 200 agricultural commodities.
- The agri-food industry employs more than 700,000 people.
- Ontario’s agri-food exports are $9.9 billion and growing.